Friday, June 26, 2015

Our God is a GREAT BIG GOD

23.06.15 
Let me share about the past couple of days. I noticed a boy today sitting by himself, he was sitting by himself yesterday too. I tried to sit with him and chat with him but it was clear that his English was not good and he almost seemed embarrassed by that. So I just sat in silence with him watching the other boys play. It can be so frustrating not knowing the language and being able to communicate sometimes. 

As the afternoon went on I watched as this boy continued to be on his own a lot, I found out that he is fairly new to the home here and his name is Jason. His dad is not around and so his mum was left to care for him. Her mother got sick and she had to care for her so Jason was left alone a lot and was not able to go to school. His mother then brought him to this home. 

Being new he doesn't know anyone and is probably missing his mum a lot! As well their routine of having prayer times, of reading the Bible, even talking about the God we love and serve would probably be foreign to him. I can't imagine how unsettled he must feel. 

As I was sitting trying to think of what I could do for this precious boy, another boy threw me a football, and we started to throw it back and forth. I included Jason and slowly he got involved in it and even smiled. Then a few of the other boys joined us as well. As we played I was hit with the reminder that God knows and loves each one of these children so much! And even though I don't know each one of them, even if they are new here and feel so far from all they know that God knows each one intimately, he knows their thoughts, their hearts and still loves them. How I wish I could just stop and communicate that to each one! 

We (my mum and I) have had an opportunity to share each night during their prayer time. We have been teaching them a song the words are, 

"Our God is a great big God
Our God is a great big God
Our God is a great big God and He holds us in His hands

He's higher than a skyscraper
He's deeper than a submarine
He's wider than the universe
And beyond my wildest dreams
He's known me and He's loved me
Since before the world began
How wonderful to be a part of God's amazing plan"

So each night we have been explaining more of what exactly we are singing and using the bible to explain it. One night we talked about the idea of God holding us in His hands, of holding us close to His heart. Then we got to share about how great God is (Psalm 95:1-5), that He is greater than any of our dreams and even when things don't go the way we want that to know God is greater. Then tonight we shared about how God knows us and loves us (psalm 139) 

This is something I really wanted to share with Jason but communication hindered this. So tonight as mum shared about God knowing everything about us from psalm 139 and how he knew us before we were born, she singled out a girl and a boy, that boy was Jason. You should have seen His face light up! Then after prayer he came up to us, as they all do, and shook our hands with the BIGGEST smile! Such a different picture from the boy I saw in the afternoon. This is the power of Gods love! So Please join with me in prayer for this precious boy that God's love would become more and more real to him, that he would have a revelation  of how deep, how wide, how high Gods love is for him! 

There are many more in this home that need to know that as well! I am so grateful that God has given us this opportunity to be here and share with them that love, even just for a few days. 

Pray for
- Jason and the children here, that God would reveal to them who He is! 
- that the workers who are here looking after the children would have strength, patience and love, they are few in number and have so much to do
- that God would send the right people here to work matthew 9:
- that God would continue to direct me on how I should spend my time here. I am looking into going to Hyderabad to visit a friend's ministry. 

PRAISE God for
- the opportunity to meet these children, to spend time with them, to share with them God's love 
- safety on the roads with the many trips we have done
- the beautiful Indian Christian people who have welcomed us with open arms 
- the opportunity to bless the children here by buying a few treats for them

Pictures
1. Me and some of the children, Jason is sitting to my left.
2. Me and the youngest girl when we were walking through the village 
3.all the children just before we left

 

No comments:

Post a Comment